So what’s the benefits if I’ll sign up? That’s the usual question when we sign up to volunteer for an organization, fraternity, company, networking and others. We always want that in exchange of our efforts are benefits that will ensure good life for our future and for our children. Having thought that out, the company, organizations, networking, fraternity, and small groups laid out the benefits before presenting their offers to us.
The same thing holds true as we sign up for Jesus. The benefits has been laid out way in advance.
In Psalms 103:1-5 it says, Praise the LORD, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s (NIV).
1. He forgives ALL OUR SINS. That horrible sin that cause us sleepless nights has been forgiven. Jesus forgave us, forgives us, and has forgiven us. All of our past, present, and futures sins are already wiped out through the blood of Jesus Christ. What a release. What a freedom in Jesus Christ. That we don’t need to hide our face in shame but accept the forgiveness that He has given us. That Jesus became sin for us so we will have His righteousness. We are wearing His righteousness and therefore we can come boldly into the throne of God guiltless and we can call Him Papa. We are part of the family of God.
2. He heals ALL OUR DISEASES. When I am suffering any physical problems, I have this confessed minute by minute by minute until it becomes a revelation to me. He will not just heal colds and cough. He heals every terminal disease that even science can exclaim the word, MIRACLE. In fact, healing has been given to us two thousand years ago. We only have to renew our mind and receive it by faith. That’s why, I have this spoken several times until the message becomes a revelation that it burns my heart and my faith will firmly take hold of what I have in Jesus. And healed me again and again and again. Healing is ours in the very first place.
3. He redeems our life from the pit. We each have experience pits in our lives when it looks like mud is covering us too bad. When we lose our job. When we are in deep financial crisis. When we are in deep relationship problems. Jesus redeems us. Just by calling on Jesus name, something is taking place in the spiritual realm. The angels has been dispatched for our favor. The people are prepared to help us. The Holy Spirit is there to comfort us. He always wants us out from the pit and have us enjoy in the palace. Yes, it’s not automatic because He desires us to grow as well. Many times, the victory is progressive but nevertheless, it becomes a victory because of the Hand of God behind the scene.
4. He crowns us with love and compassion. Everyday, God gives us new mercy. Sometimes, we just have to check ourselves in the mirror and speak what we have in Him. That we are loved. That He looks at us in the eyes of compassion. That we will not wake up to be condemned but the Holy Spirit will always convince us of God’s steadfast love. No matter how much we’ve fallen in life. If we will only surrender to Jesus, we can always find Him pulling us out from condemnation into compassion.
5. He satisfies our desires with GOOD THINGS. God will not just wake us up in the middle of the night and give us a paper with the word unapproved. The approval may take time because He knows what we can handle at the moment but He will not withhold good things to those who ask Him. So, even if there’s still no answer, keep asking until you have His yes. A five year old son who wants a car from his parents may receive no because he is not capable yet but mind you, every parents are way in advance preparing to have their son to have their car at 18. And why will God satisfies us with good things? So that our youth is renewed like the eagle. He doesn’t want us to walk pitiful, stress out and look like 60 in our 30’s. He wants us trusting. That if God made the heavens and the earth, then how much more the provision of the tuition fees of the children? If He sacrifice His only Son to redeem us from sin, then what is a simple house to God?
I cannot in any way accuse God of being mean, sarcastic, abusive, and etc. If there is, I am always in awe of how good of a Papa He is. I may not always have what I wanted right in every moment but He never failed to provide all the benefits He already has provided in His Word. I can’t count how many times He has saved my life from various sicknesses and diseases. In every attack, I always just come to Him like a little child, looking at His eyes, sometimes speechless out of pain but I always have a Papa assurance of “I’ve Got It Covered.”
The greatest benefit aside from what’s written is the privilege of being in the Presence Of God fully secure that I always have a Papa to protect me and love me in good and bad times.
I pray that you will enjoy the fellowship you have with Papa God and at the same time bask in all of the benefits you have in Him through our Lord Jesus Christ👑
Jesus Loves You🌻